Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bulldozing

Go down 
+4
Coach_Goldberg
Jaron
bigpattyboy36
northshorelax37
8 posters
AuthorMessage
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman
northshorelax37

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 9:23 pm

Well im a big kid, at least for lacrosse. anyways, last yr i played jv n varsity and if play for both again, im thinking about just bulldozing defneders on jv since im bigger than most of them. im not that quick and im thinkin bulldozing a defneder would be just as effective if not more than a dodge. so im just lookin for your opinions. i of course would mix in dodges and i plan on workin on my quickness alot in the winter. im just thinkin bout usin my size to my advantage n layin summ ppl out when i have the ball. let me know what u think
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 11:43 pm

my first two thoughts are 1) bull dodge? and 2)how do you propose keeping the ball in your stick as you're smashing into your defender?

i've never seen a bull dodge used effectively in the game -- anything close to one as i've seen it demonstrated starts as a split dodge and then the guy with the ball just runs into someone accidentally.....never had someone try a bull dodge on me either... still not sure if it actually works.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 1:34 am

Bull Dodges are used by players who don't have competent skills to dodge correctly.

If you want to use your size, try leaning into your defenseman while your dodging to the goal, and then side stepping away from him to create just enough time and space to get a shot off.

Bulldozing will likely draw Warding penalties, and quick double teams. How are you supposed to make a feed or take a shot when your "running over" your defenseman?
Back to top Go down
Coach_Goldberg
Freshman
Freshman
Coach_Goldberg

Number of posts : 74

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 6:40 pm

Power moves are most useful close to the crease. Kinda like playing the post in B-ball. Shooting/passing with very little wind up, backing into defenders and giving a little roll are all effective if you work on it. Work on cradling, lots of cradling in both hands. If defender's can't move you, then they are going to attack your hands. I would also suggest lifting, to get even stronger.
Back to top Go down
northshorelax37
Freshman
Freshman
northshorelax37

Number of posts : 68

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 10:21 pm

i do tend to play crese so thats a partial reason im thinkin of tryin it and i do lift durin the football offseason
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: bull dodging   Bulldozing EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 11:45 pm

Bull dodging rarely works, but I know a guy who is fantastic at it. His name is Oz (like in American Pie) and he's the captain of my summer league team, he's a state trooper and is an absolute monster, so instead of going around guys he goes through them. The trick is to put your shoulder into their outside shoulder to throw them off balance, instead of hitting them head on. You have to have really soft hands to be any good at this or else the ball will find its way to the turf way too often.
Also, if you can throw in a head fake right before the bull dodge, it will freeze the defender and make him flatfooted, which will make him easy to put off balance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptyWed Oct 17, 2007 4:19 pm

i would use the jv game to practice dodges that you can do but arent confident in, to get some in game experience with them.
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-13

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptyFri Oct 19, 2007 3:02 pm

A bulldodge will always slow you down more than a roll dodge. If you are slowed down to much, a slide will come in and completely wreck you, especially if your on the crease. I've never been bulldodged, I am 6'4 and about 230, but I have occasionaly tried it when clearing the ball. I can't hold onto the ball well enough because of how much force and jerking there is while your hitting someone.

Like they said, back into someone, push defenders around, but I wouldn't highly reccommend bull dodging.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 6:04 pm

Only thing to watch out for during a bull dodge is to make sure you don't ward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 12:14 pm

AHSlax21 wrote:
Only thing to watch out for during a bull dodge is to make sure you don't ward.

well, if you duck your shoulder into your defender and make contact, it will most likely be ruled as a ward.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 12:52 pm

They might call that, but it isn't a true ward. I see the ward called when a person runs with the stick in one hand, and while doing the bull dodge uses their free hand to push the defender away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Sponsored content

Bulldozing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bulldozing   Bulldozing Empty

Back to top Go down

Bulldozing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: