Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?

Go down 
+16
zack attack 12
s1erra 7i2
mikeymo1923
bigpattyboy36
KevinBice
DwinsChamps
Nate
Jaron
Jack
MUHS #30
krks34
Guru
veronalax33
relicdavis
RiDE
thedamnedfan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 1:35 am

Does the ball roll out of the throat?
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 9:47 am

No, I just have it resting on the ball stop...I took the picture when the head and shaft were perpendicular to the ground so thats why. I've got pics of the pocket depth on TLF and if you really wanted i could host them again and put one up here
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 10:44 am

RiDE wrote:
i have a bionic factory strung on a warrior hero all saved up for hte season Cool .

ok, now i have 2 halves of a warrior hero. first game i break it out in indoor, and BAM. anyway, stay away from the carbon fiber shafts, this one didnt even make it through 1 serious use, considering we dont do a lot of solid contact in practice atm. I think i had a waterlogged balsa wood shaft that performed similarly Razz
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Hmmm... that sucks. My Harrow went for two years almost, ended up breaking after I moved from Wisconsin down to KC and played a mens game. Broke on a stick check I delivered.

Do you have a warranty for your Hero, you should if you bought it from a store.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 5:15 pm

i think warrior provides a 6 month warranty on all thier shafts. im going to write em a letter and see if i cant get a diffrent model of the same value, instead of a replacement one as the warranty goes. idk if i really want another hero. it has to last a game, you know..
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am

Its called, get the warranty and trade it!
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 10:21 am

thats what nate thought, im hopping warrior will just back up there product and apologize with a decent shaft
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 10:50 am

I highly doubt they will give you anything else besides another Hero.

Jace might know more about honoring warranties, but you wont really know til you make a phone call to the place where you bought it or Warrior customer services.
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 9:55 pm

yea im just gunna call em and explain the situation and see if they can do anything about it, warrior that is
Back to top Go down
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 11:10 am

so i e-mailed them using the "return form" that they ask you to use and in the comments part i talked about how i didnt want another hero since they dont seem to last through normal use. it seems they dont read the comments though, since i just keep getting a response about how they dont have black heros anymore and all they have is red.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Take the red and trade it/ sell it.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 8:27 pm

Nate, I highly doubt you're going to get a different shaft other than a Hero.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 10:46 pm

It's pretty unlikely that you'll get a different shaft. Just take the replacement they send you and sell it here, to a teammate (sp?), or put it up on TLF/Ebay. I'm sure somebody would love to buy it and then you could go by a shaft you like.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 11:17 pm

TLF you could probably get a slightly used Titanium, if not BN.
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 5:32 pm

EDIT: Had some trouble getting the picture up, so that's not happening.

Finally got a pic of our new uni's up on facebook. We went with Dynamic jerseys this year, where the details are dyed on rather than screenprinted on. The benefit of this, other than the material being way nicer, is that the minimum re-order is 1 jersey instead of 10-12. The material is super light light Under Armour, and since there are no screenprinted numbers, you don't sweat as much.

Other than the sick new jerseys, I'm using STX G-Force arm-guards (best ever made, don't know why they stopped making them), Brine King gloves maroon/white, C-Pro helmet, and a Torque with my famous banana hammock pocket on a maroon kryptolyte.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
mikeymo1923
Rookie
Rookie
mikeymo1923

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:20 pm

What exactly does your mesh in the head look like?

New this year for me are white/gold k18 gloves and arm guards to match the uni's, CPX blue and gold helmet, revo pro 2.0 on a silver/black swizzle. I love the new K18's a lot more than my blue and gold defts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.uwec.edu/menslax
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 3:18 am

Not that I got this, but I saw on FaceBook, where ever Horvath plays, he has some pretty awesome gear... I'm super jealous.

Almost looks like it would be Lindenwoods gear since it's white and gold.
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 1:24 pm

I'd take a picture if I had a digital camera, but alas I'm still living a la 1990. The mesh is strung on the inside of the sidewalls and creates a 'hammock' pocket. It has really good hold and the smoothest release of any pocket I've thrown with. You can feel the ball roll all the way up the pocket when throwing, so at any point in the throwing motion you can change the trajectory.
The only down side to the pocket is that it's hard to get a whole lot of velocity behind shots with it. If you are a feeder like me, or someone who likes to shoot on the run, then it's not a problem.
A few Verona guys rock the banana hammock pocket since I introduced it to them last spring, and about a third of our team here at the U of M uses it. It's really easy to string, but only works in Torques.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 8:11 pm

sounds cool, ide like to see it if you ever get pictures
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 4:13 pm

New Jerseys, but they haven't arrived yet.

CPX Helmet
No Chest Pad
I going to order Lo-Pro armguards for this season.
Superstar II Gloves

D Harrow with Bionic
Hickory with Bionic
R705 with Wizard - LSM Stick

I have 2 shortie woodies and a Harrow c1, but no extra heads.

Speaking of though, would you guys reccommend LoPros or Supercrosses? My arms arn't huge but the last pair of warrior pads I had were larges and they are WAYY to tight. I can't bend my arms up enough to touch the top of my helmet. I'm most looking for flexibility.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 7:09 pm

LoPro AP's are fairly tight at larges.

You want flexibility and mininum protection, Brine Elbow Cups are extremely flexible, lowest protection for D and yeah... I wear the Elbow Cups when I play straight D.

I wear Shiver D's most of the time. But they are fairly tight.
Back to top Go down
zack attack 12
JV
JV
zack attack 12

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 12:56 am

UW-L just got new nike jersey's like what hopkins was wearing last year
they are all black with white pipping and maroon accents...numbers are maroon outlined in white...they look nice but im pissed our captians decided to order black without consulting us.

Gloves:
K18's
Red superfreaks
possibly maroon black and silver mac's

armguards:
brine supercrosse arm pads
G-Force arm guards

Shoulder pads:
something so i am legal

Helmet:
silver shell, maroon chin and visor silver cage
...thinking about an all black pro 7 with maroon stickers

sticks:
torque with white Rock-it-pocket on ti classic
torque 10 d maroon shooters on ti 22
torque 10 d maroon shooters on f55
evo 6d with maroon shooters on a gold/maroon harrow pole
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 5:34 pm

NEW GLOVES!!! Not team gloves, picked them up for myself since mine were getting pretty trashed, and I already had to part with my Exo's since we have to have black gloves I guess, but my black and blue should fit the team colors and be nice and what not.

https://2img.net/h/i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/tdflax/IMG_8902.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/tdflax/IMG_8903.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/tdflax/IMG_8904.jpg

And my team lid...

https://2img.net/h/i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/tdflax/IMG_8897.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/tdflax/IMG_8898.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/tdflax/IMG_8899.jpg
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:28 am

I broke a shaft last weekend in our game and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to buy for a new one?
Back to top Go down
s1erra 7i2
Rookie
Rookie
s1erra 7i2

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:20 pm

I'm just going to break whatever you buy in our game Warriorlax23.
Razz

A friend showed up to practice last night with a dolomite and I am astounded. I figured with a name like dolomite, it would be trash, but it is an extremely light and tough shaft. Expensive though.

QClax.com is now selling the Shamrock Zinc R705 for really cheap. I have only had one practice with mine, but it feels real solid. Only $40 for a shortie too.

What position do you play at Eau Claire, I play UW-Stout D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?   New Sticks/Equipment 08'  WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Sticks/Equipment 08' WHAT ARE YOU ROCKING?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next