Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Second Coming

Go down 
+10
RiDE
Nate
veronalax33
SiouxLax
Butters
Jack
Colin44
krks34
JordanEC23
thedamnedfan
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2007-05-11

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 2:51 am

Will Brett Farve return and play? For the Pack or elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
JordanEC23
Varsity
Varsity
JordanEC23

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2007-05-13

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:03 am

I thought you meant second as in the second aka next batman aka The Dark Knight, because that is much more important than Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers soap opera.
Back to top Go down
krks34
JV
JV
krks34

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-05-16

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:35 am

idk about that, but dark night is gonna be bomb. and the gb packers saga is a little ridiculous if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Colin44
Freshman
Freshman
Colin44

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-06-10

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:48 am

Favre is a drama queen, I lost all respect for him
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Whoever Brett plays for is my new favorite NFL Team
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
Colin44
Freshman
Freshman
Colin44

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Brett needs to stay retired. They are are no super bowl potential teams in need of a QB.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Colin44 wrote:
Brett needs to stay retired. They are are no super bowl potential teams in need of a QB.
I don't know what Favre could do where I'd lose respect for a 3 time MVP and someone who overcame a drug addiction. Retiring is a difficult thing for a professional athlete. Also super bowl teams in need of a qb: Vikings? They'd easily be a top 2-3 team in the NFC with Favre. That's SB potential to me. Redskins? Jason Campbell is still a bit of a question mark, and they've got the recievers and running game. Ravens? Possibly the best defense in football that will keep them in every game. Adding another playmaker to go along with Mcgahee would make them a SB contender. I agree with Jack, long live Favre.
Back to top Go down
Colin44
Freshman
Freshman
Colin44

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 4:48 pm

Just dosnt seem like Brett's Style. He had 16 amazing years with Green Bay now just to come back and play for another team like that. And to even consider playing for your biggest rival.. come on. Retire with some dignity Brett. You had a one of a kind career. This return is dumber than Jordans.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Favre is lame. What is the point of coming back? If he goes to a team its only going to be for another season or two tops. What team in their right mind would sign a QB for that short of a period. Before they know it he's going to retire for good and then what? They have to build the team around a new person just after one/two seasons.

Plus from what I have been seeing the Packers aren't releasing him and have offered him a spot on the team as a backup(not a bad idea since Rodgers tends to get injured)...but Favre wants a starting spot.

The only way I see him leaving the Packers is if they get a great trade offer for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Colin44
Freshman
Freshman
Colin44

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:34 pm

It will just suck seeing him on another team with such a legacy in GB. And even more so if he dosn't succeed. He was ballin last season. Id hate to see him come back and blow. I guess you have to admire his love for the game.
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 5:39 pm

Butters wrote:
Ravens? Possibly the best defense in football that will keep them in every game. Adding another playmaker to go along with Mcgahee would make them a SB contender.

The Ravens already stated they have no interest in Favre.

I think he was a hell of a quarterback, but he's old now. In all honesty, what team will drop a contract of the size the Favre wants for a 38 year old quarterback who is waivering on what he wants to do with his life. He probably could've squeezed out one more season with the Packers, but now that he's retired I think thats where he should stay.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2007-05-12

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:37 pm

I wish it wasn't so complicated. But I agree with Jack.. whereever Favre goes I will follow. I hope Green Bay allows him to play somewhere else. Not gonna lie, it will be incredibally hard watching him play for another team if he does get to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stoughtonlacrosse.com
RiDE
Varsity
Varsity
RiDE

Number of posts : 448

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:14 pm

i think he should probably retire. If he keeps coming back, eventaully, he will either get hurt..badly, or be so old that he cant compete. I'de rather he went out in style than in shame.
Back to top Go down
timpone!
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-06-23

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 6:40 pm

I have relatives who live in Florida and they told us that Favre was spotted having lunch with John Gruden (Tampa's coach) and that since Favre has known Gruden for so long. . . Seeing him in Tampa could become reality possibly. . .But maybe they were just two guys wanted to eat together (Gay?)
Back to top Go down
Lefty019
JV
JV
Lefty019

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2007-05-13

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:59 am

Favre already said that he wouldn't play in Tampa because he likes playing in cooler weather
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:12 pm

[quote="timpone!"]I have relatives who live in Florida and they told us that Favre was spotted having lunch with John Gruden (Tampa's coach) and that since Favre has known Gruden for so long. . . Seeing him in Tampa could become reality possibly. . .But maybe they were just two guys wanted to eat together (Gay?)[/quote]

I hope you're kidding. Two guys having lunch together doesn't make them gay.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 12:34 am

Well, its settled... he's with the Jets.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:27 am

Sad can't believe it
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:59 am

I can...Favre is a moron.
Back to top Go down
thedamnedfan
All-Conference
All-Conference
thedamnedfan

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Not his fault that the Packers wanna use Rodgers... I mean, would you use a QB that got you a step away from the Super Bowl last season, or a quarterback that has thrown one touchdown completion in his professional career.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:19 pm

i think what you're trying to say is that the packer's are the morons..... is ted thompson's dog dead yet?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:37 pm

No...Favre is a moron. They would have let him come back to the Packers but Favre was being dumb about it.

Also Favre is a moron for even coming back.
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 1:48 pm

I know he was saying he was pressured to make a decision about retiring in March, but had he been thinking he would've said he would play another year. That way he still has time to deicde do I really want to play or not while still saving his spot as the Packer's starting QB.

So I agree with SiouxLax...Favre is a moron.
Back to top Go down
Nate
All-Conference
All-Conference
Nate

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 5:32 pm

But if you were as good as Favre would you want to be a second stringer? Doubt it...
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:43 pm

^ They said they would have opened it to a competition for the spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Second Coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming   The Second Coming Empty

Back to top Go down

The Second Coming
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: www.wiscolax.com-
Jump to: