Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Badger State Lacrosse Camp

Go down 
+6
SiouxLax
SpLAX
Jack
KevinBice
Jaron
Butters
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Badger State Lacrosse Camp Empty
PostSubject: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:34 am

Just got the information from Jason Alberici regarding this years Badger State Lacrosse Camp, once again it will have a great staff including Joe Alberici (head coach of Army and coach of the 2010 US National Team), Jason Alberici, Taylor Wray, Ben Wineburg, Al Brown, Dave Neff, Bill Gerrish, John Walker, Rick Lewis, among others. Also this year there will be a goalie mini camp that starts the day before the rest of the camp run by Coach Wineburg, this will be an awesome chance for goalies to get more one on one work.

Here is the flyer:
Badger State Lacrosse Camp 09badgercampbrochure.th
Badger State Lacrosse Camp 09badgercampbrochure2.th
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:18 am

I'll be working Badger State again this year. Always a great camp. I strongly urge everyone to attend.
Back to top Go down
KevinBice
Freshman
Freshman
KevinBice

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:12 pm

I'll be back as well this summer as a staffer, and Mike Storts will be joining us as well. For those who are lucky enough, I just may teach the scorpion check this summer.... nasty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.minnesotalacrosse.org
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:38 pm

I'll be coaching once again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Would any of you esteemed BSLC staffers know if the Goalie mini-camp is only available to overnight campers or it is open to Day campers also?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunprairielacrosse.com
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:29 pm

I can check on that information but I would imagine both. Nothing happens after day campers leave anyway typically except pizza, camp store, swimming, and some other stuff.
Back to top Go down
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm trying to decide if the kid should go as a day camper or an overnight. He'll be going to the True Lacrosse Camp in Wheaton as an overnight.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:36 pm

I can tell you that staying overnight is a great experience. There was always fun things to do whether it be a stringing tutorial or swimming or just throwing the ball around outside. I would almost guarantee you don't have to be an overnight camper to do the goalie camp but I'll let Jaron verify that information.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:46 am

Yea I agree with Butters. In no way was I saying that staying overnight should be overlooked. Its probably one of the most fun parts of any camp. Participating as a day camper just isn't going to camp. When you stay overnight its like eating, breathing, and sleeping lacrosse for five days. Loved it.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 1:41 am

As a former camper...I couldn't imagine just going as a day camper. I met TONS of people by just hanging out after the sessions were over.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
tdarcy
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:49 am

The original Wisconsin overnight lacrosse camp is still the best camp in our area. The focus is on teaching and the learning opportunities for campers is terrific. It is especially good to see former Wisconsin high school players coming back to work at the camp.
Back to top Go down
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:13 am

No Question Coach. After losing on Friday to Waunakee in the City Finals, My son wants to go to get better. He feels he let his team down by giving up 3 goals early.
Back to top Go down
jnsvllax
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 am

Other than Badger State Camp is there anything to do to get a junior some exposure and skill improvement this summer? Since there is not Team Infinity or Team Madison, any ideas keeping within the stateline area? (Am aware of the Mighty Ducks and son is taking advantage of that opportunity)
Back to top Go down
SpLAX
Freshman
Freshman
SpLAX

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:42 am

jnsvllax wrote:
Other than Badger State Camp is there anything to do to get a junior some exposure and skill improvement this summer? Since there is not Team Infinity or Team Madison, any ideas keeping within the stateline area? (Am aware of the Mighty Ducks and son is taking advantage of that opportunity)

True Lacrosse is holding an overnight camp in Wheaton IL. at Wheaton College. It comes on the heels of Badger State, but the staff is OUTRAGEOUS: Jake Deane (Chicago Machine/UMASS) Mike Gabel (Chicago Machine/Vermont) Bud Petit, Chicago Machine- National Champion U of Virgina, Kevin Leveille, Chicago Machine- All American UMass, Eric Simon, Notre Dame, Mike Waldron, Washington & Lee, Mike Synek, U of Illinois

http://www.truelacrosse.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150&Itemid=29
Back to top Go down
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: I saw that game   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:10 am

SpLAX wrote:
No Question Coach. After losing on Friday to Waunakee in the City Finals, My son wants to go to get better. He feels he let his team down by giving up 3 goals early.

I saw that game. You guys had no one playing x. You lost possession 8 times during the 2nd and 3r quarters because of this. Find some one that can teach basic offense and you will rule. You have a very talented team. They just need to learn how the game is played. Maybe Infinity could do a team camp/coaches clinic. No I’m not getting referral fees from them.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:24 am

No worries. We're already doing one!
Back to top Go down
laxaholic
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:32 am

jnsvllax wrote:

what happened to Team Infinity?
Back to top Go down
jnsvllax
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:40 am

Don't know what happened to Team Infinity or Team Madison, lot of disappointment for those boys who were really interested, if getting help was an issue I am sure the parents would be willing to help out.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 11:49 am

I'm assuming there wasn't enough interest for Team Madison, due to the Mighty Ducks
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
jnsvllax
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 1:05 pm

How do you know how much interest is out there if there is not sign up and no try outs?
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 2:11 pm

From what I heard Team Madison fell through because Pat Shea was offered a different job opportunity that he is pursuing resulting with no one to lead the Team Madison effort. Whether that's true or not? No idea.
Back to top Go down
ownerer
Freshman
Freshman

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Bad news   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Butters wrote:
From what I heard Team Madison fell through because Pat Shea was offered a different job opportunity that he is pursuing resulting with no one to lead the Team Madison effort. Whether that's true or not? No idea.

If true this shows me how tenuous the Lacrosse infrastructure is in the Madison area. That’s a big hole to fill. Milwaukee area is much better organized; my kid is doing u-16 Milwaukee select “ouch”
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Team Infinity had problems pulling things together because of its lay formation. The idea was presented to players and parents too late and many had other ideas.

Team Infinity will return next summer and invitations will be sent out much, much sooner.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Bump.

Just announcing 2008 All American, Midfielder of the year, and MLL All Star Steven Brooks has been added to the staff.

Everyone should be sure to sign up while you can!
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:30 am

About time that stud came back to WW
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Badger State Lacrosse Camp   Badger State Lacrosse Camp Empty

Back to top Go down

Badger State Lacrosse Camp
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next