Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Milwaukee Select

Go down 
+8
bigpattyboy36
bestinshow
sirlaxalot
SiouxLax
veronalax33
Jack
Jaron
MUHSLAX
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MUHSLAX
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Today Milwaukee Select won the Crystal Lake tournament and has secured a spot in the 120 team ****'s Tournament of Champions in Tampa in January. Just thought this is good news for Wisconsin in general because it shows that a Wisconsin team can win.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 1:40 am

Dicks Sporting Goods Midwest Cup? Any idea what teams they faced? Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Number of posts : 741

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:52 am

I saw this on Robin's facebook status haha, its really awesome what he's done up there with Hot 4 Lax and Team Milwaukee. They're a very well run organization.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wisconsinlax.aforumfree.com
MUHSLAX
Rookie
Rookie

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:35 am

Well there was a round robin portion where we beat the U-16 Milwaukee Select, and the Illinois Knights. Both were blowouts. Then we lost to the St. Louis Samurai Black team in a defensive battle 4-2. Then on Sunday there was a bracket like thing where we beat the St. Louis Samurai Red team 7-3 I believe and made it to the championship againts the Samurai Black team and beat them in a great game 5-4. And yes it it the Dicks Midwest Cup or whatever.
Back to top Go down
MUHSLAX
Rookie
Rookie

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Second straight tournament win for Milwuakee Select today in the Brewtown Showdown. We beat Westside (Michigan) by two, Minnesota Yeti 12-2, and the Madison Mighty Ducks 4-3 in a close battle. Then in the championship we defeated the Illinois Knights by about fifteen.
Back to top Go down
MUHSLAX
Rookie
Rookie

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Today Milwaukee Select won its 3rd straight tournament. This time at Notre Dame. We went 8-0 and defeated Thomas-Worthington, Dallas, St. Joe's, St. Viator, Shamrox (St. Louis), Team Total, Carmel, and Minnesota Elite. Feel free to ask any questions about it.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:21 am

That is amazing. Were all the teams U-18?

Congrats, its so great for the State to have Milwaukee Select doing so well!
Back to top Go down
MUHSLAX
Rookie
Rookie

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Haha yes this time all the teams were legit U-18 teams. No U-16 or "back-up" teams.
Back to top Go down
Jack
Admin
Jack

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 4:18 pm

I wasn't trying to insinuate that they were backup teams, sorry that it seemed that way.

How were the Minnesota Elite?
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Congrats on doing so well this summer.

Just out of curiousity, did you guys have to walk a ridiculous amount to get everywhere?
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Number of posts : 830

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:54 am

It's all about the scooters at Notre Dame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.undlacrosse.com
sirlaxalot
Rookie
Rookie
sirlaxalot

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:39 am

Minnesota Elite were pretty good. Dallas Select and Team Total from Detroit were by far the two best skilled teams there; however, a bunch of skilled individuals were no match to the camaraderie of Milwaukee Select. Great team play combined with exceptional coaching on behalf of Sid Jones and Tom Gebhard made for an unstoppable Milwaukee Select team. This weekend alone was a huge step for Wisconsin lacrosse.
Back to top Go down
bestinshow
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:56 am

sirlaxalot wrote:
exceptional coaching on behalf of Sid Jones and Tom Gebhard

so you guys ran iso dodges the whole time?
Back to top Go down
sirlaxalot
Rookie
Rookie
sirlaxalot

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:21 pm

No not really. All of the NCAA coaches there (including Corrigan from Notre Dame) thought Milwaukee was one of the best coached teams they had seen. Gebhard's defensive gameplan against Dallas limited a high-scoring team to only 2 goals. Offensively, Sid lets the guys run a free-lance offense with a lot of dodging from up top.
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:52 pm

bestinshow wrote:
sirlaxalot wrote:

Of the game I watched, I can only think of 2 times where they had an iso from up top, the rest of the plays were formed by quick passing, picks, rolls, and great off ball movement.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 4:34 pm

bestinshow wrote:
sirlaxalot wrote:

not sure if i appreciate this little quip against the level of coaching in milwaukee. No

Congrats to the players and coaches of Milwaukee Select. Way to represent your town, your state, and the midwest. I cant tell you how proud i was the other day to brag to my buddies from Maryland and Massachusetts on how a team from Milwaukee ran house at Notre Dame's camp. What's next? Top Gun? Blue Chip? Keep up the awesome work.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:54 pm

bigpattyboy36 wrote:
bestinshow wrote:
not sure if i appreciate this little quip against the level of coaching in milwaukee.
I don't think he was calling them bad coaches, I've never seen Gebhard do it but if you've seen Sid play for Mad Cow ever you can appreciate the quip. I'm sure he doesn't do it when he plays on real teams. I personally found it humorous. Congratulations to Milwaukee Select though, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:06 pm

bigpattyboy36 wrote:
bestinshow wrote:
sirlaxalot wrote:

not sure if i appreciate this little quip against the level of coaching in milwaukee. No

Congrats to the players and coaches of Milwaukee Select. Way to represent your town, your state, and the midwest. I cant tell you how proud i was the other day to brag to my buddies from Maryland and Massachusetts on how a team from Milwaukee ran house at Notre Dame's camp. What's next? Top Gun? Blue Chip? Keep up the awesome work.

Bolded for importance.

Great work boys. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
SiouxLax
All-Conference
All-Conference
SiouxLax

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:46 pm

They are off to Chicago for a tourny today(not sure which one exactly).

Good luck guys!!
Back to top Go down
AHSlax92
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Milwaukee select finished out the summer season today by wining the chicago challenge. we beat champion in the championships in a 7-5 game, but the score was closer than the game was. Our final record for the summer was 28-1. We may be in some fall ball tournaments so look here periodicly if you'd like updates. thank you for all the suport from everyone!
Back to top Go down
dallmp14
Rookie
Rookie
dallmp14

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Notre Dame was Sick
"All Star" Sean Gebhard tore up a St. Andrew's Defenseman. Apparently he committed to Notre Dame that same week? Sean made the defense look like a group of pre-pubescent retards. 2 goals and an assist.
One of which was BTB
Back to top Go down
BigBear
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-08

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Sid did a great job with this team - yea I know Im late to the party but I just want it to be known how impressive of a job he did.

The Selects won because - they were the BEST TEAM there...they actually played together, unlike some of the other teams that were present.

Also the MN Elite team at ND was their B roster - a talented group of individuals - but not quite to the level of that of the team that goes to Hotbeds, etc... in other words, not the team with the Hopkins commited kid, etc..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Milwaukee Select Empty
PostSubject: Re: Milwaukee Select   Milwaukee Select Empty

Back to top Go down

Milwaukee Select
Page 1 of 1