Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2010 Predictions

Go down 
+15
applelax12
DwinsChamps
MUHSLAX
Butters
bigpattyboy36
GBMETROREBELS27
dallmp14
sirlaxalot
Jaron
AHSlax92
xxaffectedxx
laxbrochill10
veronalax33
gbpackers12
laxfan1
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
laxfan1
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-03-28

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 pm

This may seem a little early with fall lax not even starting yet, but im very excited on this upcoming season and i want to see everyone elses thoughts.

Im just going to predict Mala because its the league im most familiar with and i would predict the others very poorly.

MALA Red
1. Verona Lose their goalie, but this years junior class is very good it reminds me of the talent waunakee's seniors had this year. Also this year had many one goal loses which could have gone differently.
2. West Don't know how much they lost, but based off last years success im putting them here with Middleton
2.Middleton Lose some talented seniors, but have some very good returning varsity players and the #2 jv team in Mala
4. Sauk
5. Memorial

Mala White
1.Waunakee The state champs lose a very talented senior class but also return some varsity players and the #1 jv team in Mala that didnt have a close game until the conference championship game against middleton.
2. Sun Prairie
3. Janesville
4. Stoughton
5. Lafollette
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-04-11

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 am

nice predictions. i like verona to really learn from last year and pull out those one goal losses and turn them to wins.
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:42 am

gbpackers12 wrote:
nice predictions. i like verona to really learn from last year and pull out those one goal losses and turn them to wins.

Dear God I hope so...
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 am

its starting to seem that the 2 conferences are getting a little lopsided when it comes to talent. maybe MALA should think about restructuring. Since last year Middleton West and Verona were all better than the bottom four of the other half.
Back to top Go down
laxbrochill10
Rookie
Rookie
laxbrochill10

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-26

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:54 pm

I think west has their work cut out for them losing all of their leading scorers (Tim,eli,jake,cory)

Also middleton did lose a decent amount of players but they are always good so i dont think we can keep them out of it. Also they have a new coaching setup so well see how that works out.

waunakee is similar to middleton in that they are always pretty good every year even when they lose a lot of good players

Sun Prairie i think will have to change how they play the game without whitey who had a good majority of their goals, but that may make other players step up.

And verona did lose their goalie but they didnt lose much else and that was the coaches first year. Also the goalie that will start on varsity this year is not bad at all

these predictions are similar to laxfans and maybe lobsided coming from a verona player but this is my guess

Mala red
1. Verona
2.Middleton
3.west
4.Sauk
5.Memorial

Mala white
1.waunakee
2 Sunprairie/stoughton/janesville
5. Lafollette

Any ideas for whats coming from bayvalley or Mayla?
Back to top Go down
http://zachary.russell@ymail.com
xxaffectedxx
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-30

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:24 pm

waunakee is similar to middleton in that they are always pretty good every year even when they lose a lot of good players
---------------------------

graduating from waunakee I know that they have some talent coming up & returning.. they just need some extra practice to ensure a conference title.

#13 was a 2nd line middie this year who will be filling his brother's attacking spot.. That will make things a lot easier for waunakee, he's a natural goal scorer.

#8 was a 2nd line middie as well, slow, but a team player and goal scorer. If he's moved to an attack spot, that will help out a lot aswell. He has an eye for any top corner goals. Very consistant shooting.

#17 was on 2nd line as well, fast, but could use some consistancy. He's all over the board. Some assists, some goals, some nice hits. If he has been practicing this summer on his shots, he'll be better than anticipated.

#19 was on the 3rd line, due to the people above him. Very fast and always trying. Could use some work.

#25 was the giant defenseman who messed up anyone in his path. He took it down to score a few times too. This will be very helpful in the upcoming year.

And of course, the JV conference champs who are coming up will be filling in the necessary spots to reclaim the title of Conference Champs.

Not so sure about winning state, but the potential is off the charts.
Back to top Go down
veronalax33
JV
JV
veronalax33

Number of posts : 185
Registration date : 2007-09-24

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:00 pm

I don't know jack about Milwaukee or Green Bay Areas, so here's my input on MALA.

MALA Red
1. Verona-A bit of bias, but we only lost 2 seniors. Our faceoff man is being replaced by somebody who's more than capable of winning at X, and our upcoming goalie isn't too shabby either. Attack and defense didn't graduate a single player.

2. Middleton-Always a solid team. Graduated a couple of good players (Ben Melum and Casey Kelso are a couple that come to mind). Wouldn't be surprised if they made some noise.

3. Regents-Had a great season this year, but lost most of their contributing talent. They lose a great attackmen in Elfman, and will have a hard time filling in the spots of Neumann and Eli at the Midfield.

4. Sauk-Nobody on their team really stands out. Their goalie seemed like he could be alright, but their team seems to be lacking a standout player to put them over the top.

5. Memorial-They've got a long ways to go.

MALA White

1. Waunakee-Lost a ton of talent, but still returns some good players. Goalie seemed to be a shaky position for them.

2. Sun Prairie-They lost a large part of their offense in Patrick. They'll need other players to step up this year if they're gonna make some noise. Word on the street is that they graduated some other key players, so team chemistry may be a problem...?

3. Stoughton-Didn't see them play at all last year, so don't know much about them.

4. Janesville-Again, don't know much about them and what they bring to the table

5. LaFollette-Lacked any standout player. Didn't control the ball well offensively, and have some holes to patch in their defense. Their goalie seems to show a bit of potential though.

I think MALA White is anybody's to take at this point though. Everybody's gonna have to step up to try and win that division this year.
Back to top Go down
AHSlax92
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-02

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:23 pm

what are the predictions for the state champions? I know we lost a couple key players at arrowhead but we still have a strong team. How does Waunekee and marquette look?
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:55 pm

I think Middleton, Verona, Marquette, Arrowhead.

Top 4 in the state, no particular order.
Back to top Go down
sirlaxalot
Rookie
Rookie
sirlaxalot

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-06

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:24 pm

True. Marquette will have a very potent offense this year.
Back to top Go down
dallmp14
Rookie
Rookie
dallmp14

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-26

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Jaron wrote:

Well...Those are the top 4 teams every single year. So i'm not sure if that was a joke prediction? Or if youre being serious. Please post replies with a little more substance...
Back to top Go down
GBMETROREBELS27
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-11-08

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 6:57 pm

I guess i can give some input on the bay valley.

1. Wausau - Lost very few starters and were conference champs last year. the only problem i see is their goalie. they graduated their starter from last year and from what i saw from his backup i don't know how well he's going to do

2. Appleton - did not graduate many i don't believe and have a first-team all-conference attackman in Nick Anderson coming back.

3. Neenah - Graduated a few including their goalie, who was phenomenal but is so well coached that i can't see them falling far from what they were last year

4. Bay Port - Graduated all their starters except one long pole and their goalie, who could be the best in the conference this year. I worry about picking them this high though, their juniors last year were a far cry from the seniors they graduated.

After this it's a toss up really, but i'll give it a shot

5. Green Bay Metro - We only lost two full time starters from last year, one middie, and one long pole and we lost one part time starter who split time at X on attack. We bring back Colton Wesoloski who averaged 2.5 goals a game last year and that was his first experience in lacrosse. We have two senior long poles, including myself, that started every game last year. Goalie is back and in his third year as a starter and is only going to be a junior.

6. DePere - lost their best attackmen and goalie but i don't really know besides that.

7. Notre Dame - Graduated a lot of guys and are pretty much starting fresh. don't really know about the guys they had waiting in the wings

8. Southwest - until they can recruit some of the talent that that school has i don't think their ever going to break out of the basement. but they do return a few guys that are decent but have no real standouts

9. Oneida - GREAT box lacrosse players on this team, i played box with them this summer, they have some ridiculous stick skill and they can shoot but they aren't very good at field lacrosse so unless they get a coach that even halfway understands the field game they're going to be stuck down here

10. Menasha - I don't really know much about them other than, we shut them out last year, which i never thought would happen.
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:37 pm

dallmp14 wrote:
Jaron wrote:

Well...Those are the top 4 teams every single year. So i'm not sure if that was a joke prediction? Or if youre being serious. Please post replies with a little more substance...

bold response, careful - jaron might hit you with the ban-stick, or he'll just go super-star on your face and make your head explode.

dont care too much for arrowhead, middleton or verona(no offense gentlemen, i just have no clue how your programs are doing in the off season)...
but i can say that Marquette has several shoes to fill in the defensive half,,, graduating 5 experienced senior dpoles, All State Dpole Sam Seramur and All American Goalie Alex Gradecki. After a very senior-dominated squad in 2009 with only a handful of junior backups and several sophomores seeing the field,,, look for Marquette's junior class of 2011 to have the greatest impact on the field this season.

i dunno, i'm excited for 3/1/10. more to come later.
Back to top Go down
Jaron
Admin
Jaron

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-05-11

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:13 am

dallmp14 wrote:
Jaron wrote:

I'll be sure to type responses to the favor of dallmp14 as opposed to myself, one of the co-creators of this fine site.

You want substance? Lets dance.

Middleton and Verona simply put were two of the top 4 teams in the MALA and comprised of almost ALL sophmore and junior talent last year.

Middleton returns:

Kiel Peterson
Lucas Fass
Evan Craine
Tom Konkol (Great back up to Tate)
And others.

Believe me, these kids have capabilities to take games over.

Verona returns more talent then I can even name:

Zack Russel
Sam Roberts
Paul Romens
Zach Pedretti
Dalton O'Connel
Evan Rasmussen

These kids can all play with anyone in the state, and they have a great coach in Mark Meyer. Look for all those one goal losses to translate into wins in the 2010 season.

Arrowhead is in a similar boat. They have incredible returning talent in Digiacamo, Wolf, Opay, and several others. They are always consistent and can run there free forming offense against so many unbalanced teams in the state because of the fact that they simply have better athletes. Arrowhead will be a top four team in my eyes for at least the next three years.

Marquette of course must be looked at as a threat. Sean Gebhard is the returning offensive all star in the milwaukee area, along with James Tjarksen, and PJ Dallman, they should be a credible threat.

I also don't want to overlook Kettle Moraine. Drake Kreinz might be the premier player in the state, entering just his junior year, look for defenses to literally plan their game around him. Add Logan Solano to the list, and you have one credible offense.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
AHSlax92
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-04-02

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:27 am

Quote :
also don't want to overlook Kettle Moraine. Drake Kreinz might be the premier player in the state, entering just his junior year, look for defenses to literally plan their game around him. Add Logan Solano to the list, and you have one credible offense.
With the loss of the Marquette D and the fact that Kreinzy and Solano are comming into their prime i could see a KM upset of Marquette this year
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:59 am

dallmp14 you talk a lot of smack man.

besides. the past two years the final four teams have been

middleton, wausau, arrowhead and waunakee

and wausau, arrowhead, waunakee and bayport.

so i dont know where you get verona being top 4 every year.

and secondly, no one really needs to prove that what they think to you, whether they created this site or not.

so get off your high horse there chump, you dont decide who has a legit opinion or not.

that is all.
Back to top Go down
Butters
Varsity
Varsity

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2007-09-15

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:06 pm

No.. he had a point. Jaron's first post had no substance to it. Whether or not those teams are the ones that finish top 4 every year, they seem to be in the conversation every year. So just stating team names brings nothing to the conversation. Jaron then backed up his post with good information, so because of his comment the conversation got a lot of good information.

But anyways, as for MALA I think you'll see Verona and Waunakee as the top teams for each division. Verona loses their goalie and their face off man, both of which have above average replacements coming in who have the opportunity to prove to be excellent players. As for Waunakee I'm not entirely sure who exactly they lost, but based on their strong JV team and their excellent coaching I'd expect them to reload as opposed to rebuild.
Back to top Go down
dallmp14
Rookie
Rookie
dallmp14

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Quote :
="AHSlax92With the loss of the Marquette D and the fact that Kreinzy and Solano are comming into their prime i could see a KM upset of Marquette this year

i dunno.
Drake and Logan may be the only offense that have though... and as much as i love the kids, i'm not sure they can run a team.
Back to top Go down
dallmp14
Rookie
Rookie
dallmp14

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:40 pm

yes, and thank you jaron for the more detailed response.
no offense intended.
i just like reading the more indepth predictions, cause i cant write em...
Back to top Go down
dallmp14
Rookie
Rookie
dallmp14

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:43 pm

AHSlax92 wrote:
Quote :
also don't want to overlook Kettle Moraine. Drake Kreinz might be the premier player in the state, entering just his junior year, look for defenses to literally plan their game around him. Add Logan Solano to the list, and you have one credible offense.
With the loss of the Marquette D and the fact that Kreinzy and Solano are comming into their prime i could see a KM upset of Marquette this year

plus, you forget we still have "Dolla Bill"
Back to top Go down
bigpattyboy36
All-Conference
All-Conference
bigpattyboy36

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2007-05-12

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:10 pm

AHSlax92 wrote:
Quote :

kreinz did well against marquette in the second KM/MUHS game of last season. that's the only time i ever actually witnessed him play. i fear, however, that if KM isnt careful they will turn into the Milwaukee Eastside of years past.

KM could be a real sleeper pick, they only teams they lost to last season were Marquette and Arrowhead while posting several double digit wins over their other conference opponents. KM also notches impressive wins over out of conference foes Janesville, Green Bay Metro and Appleton.

....it's a real stretch but i think that if KM can add consistent depth to their roster then they'll emerge as a true powerhouse.
Back to top Go down
MUHSLAX
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-11-26

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:15 pm

I also want to mention the new Eastside/Northshore team could be a team that makes a huge post season upset this year. They have possibly the most solid defense in Milwaukee besides Arrowhead and also added Colin Braam to their offensive power. That with the fact that they now have twice the talent pool to choose from could cause trouble.
Back to top Go down
DwinsChamps
Varsity
Varsity
DwinsChamps

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2007-05-14

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:39 am

dallmp14 wrote:
Quote :
="AHSlax92With the loss of the Marquette D and the fact that Kreinzy and Solano are comming into their prime i could see a KM upset of Marquette this year

i dunno.
Drake and Logan may be the only offense that have though... and as much as i love the kids, i'm not sure they can run a team.

I had the chance to watch Drake and help coach him at the Badger State Camp this summer. If I remember correctly, he had less than 2 years of experience entering play last spring. He's as coachable of a player as I've ever met, and the way he improved over a few short days at camp was borderline ridiculous.

He's a field general, he can see exactly what the D is trying to do and he knows how to exploit that to get his teammates open. If he has 2 or 3 players who understand how to work off-ball and finish, KM will be a tough matchup for anyone.

Not to mention, most kids make a big athletic jump between their soph/junior years in high school. The kid keeps himself busy with football and basketball; my bet is that he'll be a force next spring.
Back to top Go down
gbpackers12
Freshman
Freshman
gbpackers12

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:55 am

sorry if mala talk was already over.
i know middleton lost their goalie, but the jv goalie seemed to be pretty solid.

waunakee loses a ton.

Jared Wook, Chris Severson, and Landon Meske, all starting attack, are gone.

Tyler Fix and Michael Kinzler, first line middies, all graduated.

Cory Anderson, Tyler Brewster, starting defenders, gone.

Will Button, Brendan Bittinger and Taylor Holum also graduated. lsm, middie, and lsm respectively.

So Waunakee loses a lot of talent. all of the starters were at least all conference on one of the teams, including Tyler Fix and Tyler Brewster being All State Selections.

However, Waunakee's JV team the last two years has been solid. I know thats not a good tell of how good a varsity team will be. but its still promising. Secondly, the new senior class this year is only 5 people, but among those is Joe Henry, who everyone should know by now as the kid who just lights people up. hah.
Back to top Go down
sirlaxalot
Rookie
Rookie
sirlaxalot

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-06

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Quote :
but among those is Joe Henry, who everyone should know by now as the kid who just lights people up.

...representative of waunkee's style of play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2010 Predictions Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 Predictions   2010 Predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

2010 Predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next